Here is an overview of activities undertaken by the Kvemo Kartli Scout Movement Organisation (KKOSM) in 2016.
KKOSM started its new term on 19 March 2016.
- On 1 June, International Children’s Day, our cubscouts and scouts went hiking in Armazi, Mtskheta. They visited the church of the Virgin there and Armazi castle.
- On 13 September the ’’Vikings” patrol went hiking in Birtvisi which is a ruined medieval fortress in Kvemo Kartli, nesting within the limestone cliffs of the Algeti river gorge. The scouts celebrated the end of the holidays by enjoying nature, hiking and having a fun and enriching experience together.
- CCP Eco-Camp was held in Kvabiskhevi, Borjomi from 8-13 August. There were 12 participants from different regions of Georgia and 6 Swiss scouts. The theme of the camp was recycling.
On 15 May, KKOSM hosted the scout patrol ”Edelweiss” from the Tbilisi scouting organization. Rustavian scout leaders prepared a range of entertaining activities which enabled the two groups of scouts to interact with each other .They were introduced to various scouting techniques and gained skills such as how to walk on a slackline and to enjoy rope swinging. The day was very positive and productive for all participants.
- On 1 June, International Children’s Day, Kvemo Kartli scouts set up a adventure zone for children in theRustavi Culture and Recreational Park. Children could enjoy rope swinging and climbing on other rope constructions.
- KKOSM took part in ”Wings for Life – World Run”, where scout leaders were responsible for the entertainment programme, contributing to a fun and entertaining atmosphere on the day.